History Ann Townend Hall

History Ann Townend Hall

Ann-townsend-hall

The Ann Townend Hall was built during the late 19th century by Mrs Ann Townend of Puckrup Hall, for the purpose of providing a Sunday School. In January 1882 the Hall, together with a new cottage adjacent, was given under a trust, to be used as a Sunday School and other purposes. The Sunday School has continued to exist since that time.

In April 1990 a Management Committee was formed to modernise the hall. The adjacent cottage was subsequently sold to provide funds for the modernisation programme and ensure viability for the Hall to fulfil its prime purpose as a Sunday School and also as a suitable venue for other uses. Such uses include religious and charitable work of the Church such as work among children of the parish, Church gatherings, educational lettings for adults, and occasional small social events.

The Ann Townend Charity was created for the above purposes. A committee of trustees, drawn from the Twyning community, are responsible for management of the trust and hall.