NDP goes to Referendum
The Twyning Neighbourhood Development Plan is going to go to a referendum in the Parish for adoption (or rejection) by the residents on MARCH 1st 2018.
This is the final stage for a Plan that has been a work in progress for the Steering Group for the last 4 and a half years.
The NDP has been through
a lot of iterations starting with
- a general meeting of residents to agree the formation of a Plan
- a consultation at the Village Fete
- a formal questionnaire circulated to the entire Parish
- a draft plan following consultation with planning specialists
- multiple consultations with TBC on planning and legal matters
- many re-drafts
- final approval by Tewkesbury BC
- examination by an independednt examiner
- ratification by TBC as eligible for referendum
- the Referendum on March 1st - this will be a vote by you, the residents in the Development Boundary
- the 'making' of the Plan once the Referendum acknowledges the Parish are in favour
Assuming the Parish agree, the 'made' Plan will become a part of, and will become a material consideration with significant weight in local planning law. It will be a major instrument by which planning applications in the Parish are judged. Failure to meet the Policies in the Plan is very strong grounds for rejection of a Planning Application, and TBC will use these policies to support their views when an application is made. This is particularly so at the moment as the Borough does not have an up to date approved Local Plan of it's own. But Twyning may have - once the residents have voted.
Please take the time to look at the Twyning Neighbourhood Development Plan so when the time comes for you to vote, you know what it is about.
There are support documents that give more detail of the process, consultations, views from consultees, examinations and Statements all relating to the work Twyning NDP Steering Group have done over the last 4 years
Regulation 18_2 Decision Statement (pdf, 2 MB)
Information Statement (pdf, 464 KB)
Neighbourhood Area Designation Map (pdf, 423 KB)
Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version (pdf, 12 MB)
Basic Conditions and Legal Statement (pdf, 276 KB)
Summary of Consultation Responses (pdf, 638 KB)
Examiners Report (pdf, 793 KB)
General Planning Statement (pdf, 272 KB)